Thursday, February 24, 2011

three.hundred.sixty.five

bypass
this post if you are sick of me writing, blogging, and talking about europe.

if not… keep calm and carry on:
in utah, one generally meets other utahn or idahoan and then the occasional californian who has migrated to utah for some odd reason. in europe, however, you meet people from literally all over the world.
-  what is it about europe?
-  what is it about europe that compels me so?
well… (to name a few)
gargoyles, lederhosen, gondolas, cheese, baguettes, gelato, crepes, accents, ruins, museums, churches, trains, subways, buses, architecture, and fashion.

i'll admit to romanticizing europe as much as the next person.
[perhaps more than the next person]
since my childhood, i've been interested in the culture of europe - its history, style, literature, languages, myths, legends, philosophies, and patterns of thought.

then i got to L-I-V-E there.
a year ago {today} i moved to switzerland.
---------> what a great decision 
i met great friends
i visited amazing cities
i saw amazing sites
i ate delicious food --- read here

*i lived the dream
. . . . my dream . . . .

europe's invitation to participate in its life and culture has formed new feelings and has given me amazing experiences. my exploration of other cultures as an adult has broadened my base as a human. i loved my adventure. i am so grateful to have had that experience.

* * talk about life.changing.

in a month from today i am going back. i can hear europe begging me to join in, to be a traveler again.

and i will be loving life.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . not to mention i will be with 3 best.friends.



(get that paper chain going)

No comments:

Post a Comment