Thursday, February 10, 2011

notes from amy

i know people that love me
also love amy jensen ivins
- who doesn't love that girl -
i thought some readers would {L.O.V.E} to hear about her life in london
she doesn't have a blog
...yet...
but we are in the process of getting her started
so i have included parts of her recent email for you to enjoy
* * * * * * * * *
I walked down to Trafalgar Square and checked out this wonderful place called the National Gallery. It was amazing... they have paintings by Michelangelo that aren't even finished (and of course there are many that are completed) It was cool to see how he did the painting in sections... we will have to go so you can see it! They have paintings from artists all over Western Europe that date back to the 1200's all the way up to about the 1900's. I was fascinated by all of it. We will have to make a little stop in there when you girls are here. Another great thing about it.... it was FREE! So I only spent about 45 minutes in there and didn't feel like I needed to spend my whole day there.

We have had three sun shine days this week. We have really had some great weather over here. The past 3 days have been beautiful to say the least! It makes it so easy and enjoyable to go out and just walk around.

I now know what it feels like to be a real wife that COOKS! I have loved every minute of it. I now have a new confidence in my ability to cook. All it takes is time and I have had plenty of that to make this possible. I go out every day and will usually be home by about 5 or 5:30 so that I can start something for dinner. It is hard because Christian has such random hours but I have been able to time it pretty well so far... I LOVE having a nice dinner ready when he comes home. It is crazy too because I think I have cooked as much in three weeks here as I did for the last 8 months in Logan.

We are going to Sloane Square when you girls get here! It is similar to Covent Garden but a little cooler! I love it! I just went down there on Tuesday to go through some of the stores and then enjoyed some pistachio gelato. It was a perfect little outing.

I love that we are having this experience together. I am so grateful for Christian and that he has allowed me to be here and to enjoy this place without worrying about work. He is working so hard and it makes me feel so bad but he never complains! He is so selfless and I am so lucky to have him.

love you lots
xoxoxoxo


1 comment: