Friday, November 5, 2010

in a rut

being in a rut is a strange concept
?? why does this happen to us??

i go in {and}out of ruts
<< i hope we all do >>
i was in one about 7 weeks ago
i hate it
and now i am out of it again
and i will probably be in another one soon enough
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
i have two friends that are in a rut right now
it happens
my definitition of being in a [rut]
you're in repetitive patterns. you aren't 100% happy.

what i do:
** i try to change just one thing. {it doesn't matter how small}
** i force myself to be in the moment. {look around}
** i recall a time when my life was more exciting. {ask --- what was different}
** i convince myself it will pass. {it will}
** i usually rely on friends to pull me out. {that's what they are for}
** i listen to my ipod playlist made for times like these. {it is titled "tunes to cheer me up"}
** i escape. weekends are my time, so make i try to make them more memorable. {hello do you see how much i travel}

No comments:

Post a Comment