Monday, February 9, 2009

Sucked into the world of blogging

So here I am 22 years old. Single, still in school, and still living off of my parents (which I really appreciate mom and dad). Recently I have been sucked into this world they call blogging. I always saw blogging as something that only married couples and families participated in. Us unmarried, single, low-lifes have to stick to facebook until we say "I do." I blame my friend Ashley P for this new obsession. At first it started off as something for me to look at and be amused by while I worked at the computer labs on campus. Occasionally I would check out the blogs of my friends and read about their lives since mine is so boring lately. Well then a couple weeks ago, it became the first thing I did every time I jumped on a computer. I would go directly to blogspot.com to check out friend's blogs and start reading of their funny stories and check out all their new photos. Then I would move on to their "followers" and soon enough I would be on someones second cousin's, brother-in-law's, older sister's blog. ENOUGH I said. This is pathetic! I realized that I can't live waiting day by day to read about my friend's lives. It is like waiting for Santa to come and it is only October. DREADFUL! So a light bulb came on in my head that maybe I should just join in on the madness and I should use my time that I spend "stalking" and make my own blog. So that is how this all began. But see my blog won't be funny or anything like that, but it will be a way for me to use my time and not always spend my free time on that second cousin's, brother-in-law's, older sister's blog. So maybe blogging is the NEW facebook. I think that it is something that everyone will eventually join and as people say jump on the band wagon. I mean they even have books for sale at the bookstores called 100 Essential Blogging Resources or Blogging 101. Really! So it is a phenomenom that is taking off among computer users. And what can I say, it hooked me!

4 comments:

  1. okay, so who says you aren't funny! you were already funny up above! I am so HAPPY that you have a blog now! 1 more reason to procrastinate when I am supposed to be doing homework! YES!

    p.s. I am 24 and still in school.. so i think you are still doing okay in that department.. compared to me at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chels welcome to the world of blogging. It is the greatest! That picture of you is SO pretty! I love that we are single and we have blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a whole new world chels... welcome to it! cant wait to read up on all the goods! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH! I'm so glad you have a blog!! I love it because i get so bored during the day at home so i spend all my time reading other people's blogs too! And I totally agree, i think it is already becoming the next facebook.

    ReplyDelete